Searching for Peace, Once AgainNovember 20, 2015
Peace WishesDecember 23, 2015
This is the season when our minds turn to the contemplation of peace on earth, and we send cards and social media messages to our friends and loved ones wishing for peace.
We at Teach Peace Now have gathered together ten thought-provoking quotes on peace that speak to the soul and heart and are not usually found on holiday cards.
- Nothing is more precious than peace. Peace is the most basic starting point for the advancement of humankind.
— Daisaku Ikeda Words of Wisdom
- Dream always of a peaceful, warless, disarmed world.
— Robert Muller Index of Ideas
- Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defenses of peace must be constructed.
— UNESCO Constitution
- Peace is always beautiful.
— Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass
- Peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is accord. Harmony.
― Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke & Bone
- The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh Peace in Every Step
- If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. John F. Kennedy Commencement Address at American University
- Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
― Amelia Earhart
- True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.
― Jane Addams
- Peace does not mean an absence of conflicts; differences will always be there. Peace means solving these differences through peaceful means; through dialogue, education, knowledge; and through humane ways.
― Dalai Lama XIV
Ponder them. Read them aloud. Share them with friends and family. Write them on the holiday wishes you send out to the world. As our gift to our followers we have prepared an assortment of free holiday and all-occasion card and postcard designs you can download to share with those you love. We also have matching web posters you can put on your social media pages. Click the link below to go to the page or click the page link in our header. Psst...send one to a world leader or two. They need to hear messages of peace even more than we do!
Free Teach Peace Now Peace Cards, Postcards & Web Posters